Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, May 21, 2012

Heya Mum,

Glad to know that everyone is having a good time. Summer time is here. The last two days here have been absolutely lovely with beautiful sun and clear skies. This week will probably be all the summer that this country gets, or so the saying goes. Anyway, it's beautiful and I'm really loving life here. I've been asked to speak this Sunday as well, so I guess I better get back into the swing of things then. 
 Trying really hard not to think about home, but I was talking with Elder Reynolds the other day and we were sharing with each other how it felt. It is a very different feeling than anything that I have experienced. I'm not as excited as I was a couple of weeks ago. The only word I can find to describe it is that I am feeling a bit claustrophobic. I feel like the walls are closing in on me and it feels weird. Anyway, I'm trying not to think about it. I've got to get my head down and work hard these next few weeks.
 Got most of the gifts all sorted out. Only a few more things to get and that's me sorted. Things are really going well here. I just love these people so much. I really feel a part of the ward here. I get on really well with a lot of the members. They asked me to sing in the choir on Sunday, so I joined them for practice and then joined them about an hour later for singing in Sacrament meeting. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, I'm really going to miss this place and especially these people. They really are wonderful.
 Well, not much else to say. I hope that you have a great week and I'll talk to you next week. Love you so much!

Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment