Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey Mum,

 Thanks for the pics. None for you this week, though. I'll get one of Elder Remund for next week. I told Dad a bit of what happened on Thursday. I was to stay at the mission home nearly all day on Thursday to wait for Elder Remund to show up. When I got there, I asked President Griffiths if I could accompany them up to Pratt's Hill, as I had nothing better to do really. He agreed and I joined them. It was a fantastic time remembering how it was when I first got here. I'll be going up again in four weeks to end my mission there. I had some introspection and did a lot of accounting to the Lord. I felt so happy about the person that I have become in the last two years. I don't place too much importance on the work that I have done. I value it personally, but it is infinitesimal in comparison with the work that the Lord has done within me.
 
 So yeah, I'm trying to run as much as I can. It's not much in the morning, but it gets my pulse going. I'm really disgusted with how much weight I've gained. I need to get rid of it. I think everyone that can walk reasonably well can run. You just have to take small steps. If you want to, you could try walking for about 20m and after 10m you run for just 1m then walk the rest. Then after a couple of those, you get it up to 2m. Then you just keep going until you can run the whole time and then improve the time. I feel confidant that you can do it. 
 
So I'm not alone on the plane. The last one I probably will be, but the first two I'll be flying with Elder Mecham. I've spent a lot of my mission around him, so we'll have an enjoyable time. I'm going to be trying to sleep as well on the plane. I think I'm going to bring some antihistamines with me to help me sleep. It was killer last time. Of course I'll talk to people as well, if they're interested in conversation. Nine hours is a long time, though. I got all of my itinerary yesterday as well. Total travel time is about 16 1/2 hours. Good job, I'm pretty used to long travel by now anyway. I took a three hour bus to Edinburgh on Monday morning. Had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get it as well, by the way, but anyway...
 Well that's pretty much it. If I have anything to tell you regarding Skype, I'll send you something when I'm on again on Friday, but things look pretty solid, so I think we're OK. Love you lots!

SEE you on Sunday,
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment