Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, April 2, 2012

3/27/12

The awesome tartan bow tie (obviously not the right shirt or suit for it)

Heya Mum,

 Had a great week this week. Dumfries is a lovely place to be, honestly. It's also been nothing but sunshine since I arrived. I'm serving now with Elder Johnson from Texas. He's been out on his mission for just under a year. So yeah, I really like Dumfries, I think it will be a good final resting place. At church on Sunday we had 105 members attending. It was such a huge change from my normal 30-40 at church. Haven't seen masses of people like this since Dublin.
 
 What I meant by banishment was that I'm far away from everyone else. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just means that I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I called President this morning about the prospects of getting a car here and he told me that one was on the way, but that he has no idea when it will be available. He made it sound like it would be this transfer though. Anyway, it sounds like I might yet get a car again before I go home, which would make me very happy. In any case, car or not, I know I'll enjoy my last few weeks here. Sad to hear about Elders getting hit by cars. I'm careful about it, don't worry. 
 
I mentioned to a member back in Pollok about you wanting a table cloth. She told me that she would find one and send it to me. I told her not to worry about it, but she insisted. She's a truly wonderful person. Anyway, she's got that sorted.
 
You're in luck again. I've got my camera out and I've taken some pictures. I've been looking round the local charity shops for good finds to bring home. I found a tartan bow tie the other day and also I've finally got my kilt. It's nothing too special, but it was only £10, so can't complain. I've got a picture of it.
The Kilt (missing a lot of pieces, but I'll get them)
Anyway, I love you and hope that you have a great week!

Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment