Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12/12/11

Paisley City Centre

Heya,

 Another week goes by. Funny how fast things go. Yeah the storm was quite bad, but we were out in a bit of it and it wasn't too horrible. Quite entertaining actually. Anyway, we had a dinner appointment with some lovely members and because we were waiting for a bus that had stopped it's service, I had to call them to say that there was no way to make it out to their home. They wouldn't take this for an answer and decided that it would be prudent for us to get a taxi down and back and they would pay for it. What an amazing thing. I was so dumbfounded, I hadn't a clue what to say. Just amazes me the kind of generosity that they showed.
 The confirmation went well. Elder------- did a great job. He was a little nervous because English is still a second language for him of course, but he has a great command of the language. It was wonderful. Lorna is now the newest member of the Pollok ward and received a lovely welcome. We also have a few others we are working with just now, but mostly just trying to find some new people to teach. It's getting a bit more difficult as it gets closer to Christmas, but we keep pressing on. I can't believe it. It's less than two weeks away now... I guess I'll be hearing from you quite soon then, eh? Can't wait.
Yeah, good news about my back. I have an appointment with Physiotherapy on the 20th now. Looks like they'll start treating me. I can't wait. It's still bothering me but what can you do? You just deal with it, I guess. I remember some of grandpa's exercises for lower back pain, but the problem is it's all of my back and neck. As for the Acid Reflux, it was just as bad when I weighed 10st as it is now, so I'm just thinking it's going to be a chronic problem. Yet another one I'm just going to have to "deal with", ha ha ha... Oh well... 
 I don't know yet for sure what the plan is for Skype, but I'm fairly certain that we'll be at the American members' home for it. They Skype home to their families all the time too, so I wouldn't imagine that it will be altogether difficult to get it set up. Can't wait for the parcel. Sounds fantastic!
 Well, the same goes for me insofar that I don't have much news for you. We're incredibly excited about Lorna and we're excited about Christmas. What more do you need, right? Ha ha ha... Well, just this week and then the end of next week I'll be seeing you. Imagine that! Love you lots!

Your son
Paisley City Centre
The castle near us

No comments:

Post a Comment