Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/11

Hey Mummy,
 
 This week went very well. Obviously the highlight would be our meeting on Saturday. But I can't tell you how happy I was when I realised that they had called a meeting for all of the Bishops and Stake Presidencies in all of Scotland and Ireland for a separate meeting as well. The meeting closed just as we arrived, and I was blessed to see all of the unit leaders from all of the areas that I have served. In addition to that all of the missionaries in Scotland were gathered together. It was the sweetest reunion that I've know on my mission. As I spoke with Bishop Coffee (from Clondalkin) and President Nelson (Omagh) and also Bishop Kane (Inverness), all of the memories of those areas came flooding back. It was a wonderful time to speak with all of them. I asked Bishop Coffee about a few people that I was working with whilst I was in Dublin and I heard good news from nearly all of them. 
 
The meeting itself was quite extraordinary. We had the opportunity to individually meet each of the brethren. Elder Clayton presided. He explained that it was quite a treat to have Bishop Burton there because there is only one Presiding Bishop of the church and he's only in one place at one time. He had Elder Causse give a short talk (he talked about love), and Bishop Burton also (he spoke of the phenomenal growth of the church these days) and then he opened up the meeting to a Q&A session. It was a brilliant meeting and I learned some valuable things there that I hope to implement into the remainder of my mission.
 
Anyway, that is the big news this week. We're doing our best here in Pollok. Right now, I'm looking outside and it's hurricane weather out there (from the US actually, a little taste of home :). I hope that you have a great week and I love you so much!
 
Cheerio,
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment