Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, August 15, 2011

8/8/11

In Portmahomack with Simon MacDonald

Dear Mum,
 I'll need to keep it somewhat concise this week. I'm sorry about last week. I wanted to email you all but didn't have much time and I didn't get any emails (I thought you knew that it was a bank holiday and decided to leave it for a day :) so I just emailed President and went on to other things. We ended up teaching a lesson last P-Day during P-Day, by the way. Long story, but I'll have to tell you that one another time. I hope that everyone is well.
We've had a great couple of weeks. Total of 13 new investigators in the last two weeks which is truly a miracle. Holly and Leah are solid for the 27th and we are getting excited and ready for the baptism. Everything is going great here! I'll share a quick experience from church yesterday. I went to the Invergordon branch and it was fast and testimony meeting of course. Now, normally these meetings are something we almost dread our investigators to come to because there is so much anxiety about what people could say, but normally everything just turns out alright and it is a good meeting. I want to tell you that this testimony meeting was the most powerful meeting that I've attended since I was in the MTC. I cannot begin to describe to you how prevalent the Spirit was in this meeting. We had a few boys return from an EFY(Especially For Youth) trip down in England. What we witnessed is what Alma the younger would have called, "a mighty change of heart." There was one in particular that reminded me so much of myself at his age and the experiences that I had that still burn within me. He had experienced feelings of the Spirit that he hadn't before and he was able to testify of that and tell the branch that he has decided to make a change in his life and prepare to serve a mission. Everyone in the room was brought to tears as he bore powerful witness of the Spirit and all of the testimonies that came before or after echoed that. I'm so grateful to be a servant of the Lord and to witness the change that happens in someones life when they decide to follow the Saviour with all their heart. Whether it be a person being baptised, or a member having a complete paradigm shift, the Spirit will be manifest and we can feel it. I love this work so much and am aware how much it has changed my life. I love you so much Mum, and I so know what the overarching role that you and Dad have played in my life to shape me into what I have become. And what I am becoming. I hope that this week is a wonderful one. I know that it will be for me.
Love,
Elder Trawick
The lighthouse in Portmahomack

No comments:

Post a Comment