Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, August 29, 2011

8/29/11

Dear Mum,
 
 OK, so now I'm here in Pollok. Things are going great. I got your email about Pollok, yes, thanks :). About my new companion. His name is Elder Randall Bowers. He is from Blanding, Utah. He's been out about as long as I have. I've served around him in Omagh (he was serving in Derry) and also up in the Aberdeen Zone (he was in Aberdeen city). So I knew him already for a long time. As for Glasgow being wild and scary, it's never as bad as they tell you. Dublin is worse than Glasgow and I've already served there. It's just a big city here. We are part of Glasgow city. My trip down was nice. This was the easiest transfer I've had as far as travel goes. We just drove down to Edinburgh from Inverness on Tuesday (through Aberdeen to pick up a couple of Elders) and stayed the night in the Mission Home. There were 14 missionaries going home and I got to say goodbye to Elder Nicholls and Elder Olsen as well as a few others from that group. Then I took a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow, and from Glasgow to Pollok. Pretty simple.
 When I got to the flat, we just dropped all of our stuff and went straight to the A&E (that's the equivalent of the ER) because Elder Bowers was suffering from a really severe headache for about two or three days straight. They gave him some weak medication and told him it was a "wild bug" and sent him on his way. That night he took another really bad headache and was thrashing about the whole night until about four in the morning. He barely got two hours of sleep that night and I probably got three. We went to the doctors again, this time the local practice, and they said pretty much the same as the A&E and gave him a stronger dose of the medication. That seems to be working alright now, but he still has the headache, its just numbed by the medication that he has to take almost all day. I'm not sure what the issue is, but he goes back to the doctors tomorrow, so we'll see. He's alright for now, though.
 So that's probably the most interesting thing that's happened so far. I had heard about the ruckus happening over in New England. That is terrible. This world is falling apart. Wonder how long it will be now.
I may need a new suit in about 3-4 months. That's how long I expect this one I have to last, but we'll see. Anyway, that's the news here. I don't have any pictures for you this week, but I'll make sure I do for next week, sorry. I love you loads and loads!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment