Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Dear Mum,
 
 I'm glad that you all enjoyed the pictures from the baptism. It's one that I will definitely not forget any time soon. We had a good week this week. A bit slow in some areas, just trying to get things to pick up and a lot of the members are off on holiday. There weren't that many at church yesterday. President Allison of Invergordon asked me to teach the combined Priesthood and Relief Society on missionary work. I didn't want to give them the same missionary work lesson that they've had many times before, so I really tried to think and seek the spirit on how we could move it forward in that area best. What we ended up doing was talking through a lot of the concerns that they all have about missionary work and how they can overcome them. There was a lot of participation and I think that overall it was a good lesson. Unfortunately we only scratched the surface of what I had desired to cover, but it was productive nonetheless.
 Sister Griffiths wasn't in great health last week and flew home to Utah to receive some sort of treatment. President Griffiths didn't tell us much about the issue other than she had been experiencing pains and aches in her bones, but then asked us all in the mission to include her in our fast yesterday. According to the letter I got this morning, she's feeling much better and should be returning to the mission on Saturday, so no worries :).
 I haven't had a lot of time to do more family history research, but I did receive Grandma's info that she sent in the post. It's quite amazing the research that she's done that traces me back to King of Scotland Malcom II and also King of England Edward III, but it's always hard to tell if it is accurate. If it is I definitely have a claim to Scottish ancestry ;). As well as your side of course. So I'm doubly Scottish. Ha ha ha...
 As far as my health goes, things have been well. I haven't been sick since December if I remember right. Nothing bothering too much here, it's quite a civilised and clean country. Also, Elder Reynolds and I are celebrating Independence Day with a BBQ here as soon as we're done emailing. So that should be nice.
 Anyway, that's about it. I love you all so much and look forward to hearing from you next week.
 
Cheerio!
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment