Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Friday, July 29, 2011

7/25/11

Dear Mum,
 
 We had a good week this week. A lot of hard working and not the most outwardly successful week we've had, really. But it was a good week. Elder Madsen has four brothers and two sisters and he's second to last of them all. He told me the other day that he wants to be a sound engineer when he gets home. Not sure what all that entails though. I'll have to ask more about it. Before he came out he taught piano for employment. He's a really great piano player. He's served all of his mission in Scotland so far. He's been in Ayr, Aberdeen, and Glasgow, and now he's back in Aberdeen zone.
 What you are describing to me is what we call a t-book (testimony book) and I haven't made one. I do have plenty of pictures of members from different areas, so that's a start eh? I'll have to consider starting a t-book.
 There have been loads of tourists round lately. Not sure when tourist season is over, but it is making Inverness quite busy. The weather has been quite hot lately, but I hear that's going to change on Thursday, so we'll see. There really isn't much else to report. Just another week gone by. Hard to believe how fast they are going.
 I keep meaning to take pictures of the town and the church and things, but I always forget until when I'm on my way to the library to email, which the church is not really in the way of. I'll try to get them this week. I'm not getting a kilt just yet. I realised that if I do, then I have to carry the thing around with me for the rest of my mission. I may wait until I'm in my last area. I also haven't had any time to do any work on genealogy. There's just not enough time on a p-day to do everything else and that, unfortunately. 
 Anyway, I'm still here and moving along. Things are going well and will continue to do so. I love you very much and hope that you have an exciting week.
 
Your son,
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment