Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Friday, June 17, 2011

6/14/11

Dear Mum,
 
 Well this last week was just... Well I can't describe how tiring and busy it was. We taught 32 lessons this week, which tops last week as my best week ever for lessons. We did have a setback, however, with Aiden's baptism. His granny can't make it on the 18th, so we had to push it back to the 25th, but I think that all is set for that date, so we are pressing forward with faith. Aiden's doing great, he's such a good kid.
 The reason I'm e-mailing today is that yesterday was an all-day event with the zone in Aberdeen and we didn't get back until 8PM.
 
I'm so excited about family history work. We've booked an appointment with the family history consultants here in Inverness for next Monday so that I can get on and get cracking with it. I asked president and got permission to do some work on that on Preparation days. I also want to put a word in for indexing. If you're not already doing it, you should be. It's great fun and it is a great work that needs to be done. They are really pushing for it over here and I think church wide. If you go to familysearch.org and click on the Indexing tab, you'll find the info you need on it. Download the program and get started with it, because it's a lot of fun and it's a great way to do some genealogy work.
 Thank you for the info on the MacEwen's. I'll ask the MacDonalds (the one's we Skyped from) about that. They've been helping Elder Reynolds and I with some family history work as well. Sister MacDonald seems to know her stuff. I told them a few names on the Trawick side and I think that we might actually be related, funnily enough (they're originally from England). Haven't got the info from grandma yet. Anyway, other than that, we're just moving along. I hope that all is well at home. Send my best to everyone. I love you loads!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment