Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5/3/11

Dear Mum,

 I think my time might be short, and I'm sorry, but I'll have to make it quick. First and foremost: Yes we will be calling on Sunday. Depending on time differences, we are planning on calling 6PM and 7PM here. That should make it 12AM and 1PM for you. I'm hoping that you are out of church by 1PM or can be this Sunday. Sorry to rush it but we will be about 30 minutes from home, so we need to give ourselves good buffer. But it doesn't have to be right at 6 or 7, just around there. Elder Reynolds will go first and then I'll go.
Anyway, this week was really very good. I'll give you a quick success story. We have a standard to reach called Quality Gospel Conversations and Potential Investigators. I don't remember if I told you this already or not. It basically entails a pattern which constitutes a QGC and then when we get a return appointment with a person for a specific time and place, that is called a potential investigator. The standard to reach for these numbers a week is 50/12, which, believe me, is a tough goal. Sunday night, Elder Reynolds and I were just finishing up our hour of consecrated finding and we were 6 QGC's and 1 potential short of our goal. We decided we would go the extra mile even though success had been limited for that whole hour. In about 30 minutes time we had exceeded our goals to reach a total of 52/15 for the week. We really saw the hand of the Lord help us as we committed to stretch ourselves and go for it. This was an eye-opener for me. I've never had a total like that and few companionships in the mission reach that. Now, I'm not saying that to brag. We REALLY saw the Lord help us in that last 30 minutes. Anyway, I hope that all is well at home.
Also, could you find out who the seventy that visited you was? Elder Alan F. Packer is coming to speak to the mission next Wednesday, so we're all excited about that. Anyway, I'll speak to you on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it! Love you so much!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment