Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, May 23, 2011

5/23/11

Dear Mum,
 
 We had a fantastic week this week for numbers. Quite possibly the best I've seen for my mission. We're really seeing the blessings from the member work that we are doing. On Sunday in Invergordon a member turned to me after sacrament and asked me if we could start teaching her daughter and another member's daughter the lessons. I said of course we could and asked their ages which were 10 and 11. That astounded me, I thought that they were members already! Anyway, they have a baptismal date for August and there's another boy we're working with that is scheduled for June. There's also a woman in Inverness that is scheduled for June as well. Things are heating up here.
 This next week will be moves week, just so you know, so I'll be e-mailing on Wednesday I think, but I might email on Monday. I just don't know yet, ha ha ha... But I hope that Elder Reynolds and I stay together because we are doing quite well together. It'd be a pity to change a good thing.
 As for family history, I vaguely remember tracing back the Trawick line to the early 1600s and I believe that it was in Sussex, England. Could you have Grandma Lynda send me the info on that if she can, I know that her records are quite good on all of those lines. If there is any work that I can do here, let me know because we have a lot of great resources here for that and I'll reserve some P-Day time for it.
 About the Zone Conference, it was just a Zone Development Meeting which is like a group District Meeting. Quite normal. We trained a bit and then played a few games as a zone. 
 Yes we heard a lot about the "end of the world" stuff going around. Seems like that one didn't pan out. I can't wait for 2012, because that one is going to be fun. It's going to be another Y2K, ha ha ha... 
Anyway, other than that, not much else is going on.
Well I love you. I hope your week goes well. I also hope that this week goes as well as last week. That would be fantastic! Love you so much!
 
Cheerio,
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment