Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/17/11

View from Skye Bridge
 
Hey Mum,
 
Thanks for giving my letters out. I appreciate that. Some of the ones I got from the YW I have never met so it would be helpful if you went around with a camera at church next Sunday and got pictures of the whole branch. Just get pictures of everyone, because it will be good to see the branch. Then caption them so that I can get an idea of whom I am writing. Thanks!
 Your Primary activity sounds like it went very well. I'm glad. The children and the youth are the most important thing that this church needs to focus on. They are the structural support of the church and if we lose them, then we have a serious problem on our hands. Too many youth these days are lost by the wayside sometimes due to lack of attention. I'm seeing what happens in a unit if the young members lose interest and go less-active here. The unit dies. It's as simple as that. So I'm glad when I hear of successes in Primary and YW/YM, it's what we need the most.
Heard about the greenhouse. Sounds like a good plan. I hope that it all goes well, and you might have some tasty produce on your hands :).
Also, lately I've really felt a push to do some family history here on P-Days. When I think about it, it almost seems like I'd be wasting valuable P-Day time, but I feel that there is a reason that I'm feeling this way at this particular time. I would really appreciate a pedigree chart from both sides of the family and also you can get from Grandma the .paf file for Family Search and I can use that here. That would be much appreciated.
 Well, I love you and hope that your week is a good one. By the way, I'm emailing today because we spent all day yesterday in Aberdeen at a Zone meeting. Anyway, I love you lots!
 
Cheerio!
Elder Trawick
Elder Reynolds and myself in Skye at Elgol
 
Our Flat (#12 on the left)
The Cuillin (a range of rocky mountains located on the Isle of Skye in Scotland)
The Ceremonial Ness Tankard (for drinking out of Loch Ness)
Loch Ness ritual site
The Ritual
Loch Ness ritual site
The following were taken from Skye Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment