Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3/7/11

Dear Mum,
 
 I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness that is going on. It sounds similar to what everyone here has already had over the December and January months. Elder Olsen and I had it as well, remember? Anyway, I know that it's rubbish, and I'm sorry that all of you have got it. The worst part, for me, would be missing church. Thankfully when Elder Olsen and I had it, it had started early in the week and was starting to wear off by Sunday, so we made it to church, although we were still very sick. Anyway, I'll be hoping and praying that it soon passes. But a scripture I read this morning comes to mind: 2 Corinthians 4:17. That should cheer you up :).
 Do you remember when I was about 16 and I had come home from Camp Helaman? If I remember correctly, I was making a huge effort to change a lot of things, especially my study habits. I remember studying the scriptures every chance I had, and just being so excited about it. I don't know what happened subsequently, I think it lost some of it's appeal, but I feel that way again on my mission. I have such a hunger and thirst for knowledge! I love to study each morning, I can't wait for it. Learning something new, or something that will help me teach my investigators makes me excited to do it each morning. There is something that I have noticed as a missionary as well. I've noticed that a lot of the pain and problems of sin can be rooted back to failure to have daily scripture study and prayer. It's something that I've decided to commit myself to do for the rest of my life. In the analogy of Lehi, all one had to do in order to partake of the fruit of the tree was to keep hold of the rod of iron. I feel that it is imperative that we have that daily prayer and scripture study, or our grip on the rod is loosened. And then what happens? Anyway, just a thought...
I think there is a good possibility I will be moved, but anything is possible. Next week is moves week again, so I will probably not be emailing on Monday, just so you know. But anyway, I love you so much. I hope that all goes well with you at home and that you get well soon enough. Have a wonderful week!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment