Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, January 24, 2011

1/24/11

 
Dear Mum,
 
 Thank goodness you got the package. I was so excited when I sent that off. I know it didn't have a lot in it, but I hope that you all enjoyed everything in it. I did really like the piano CD. I think it was Paul Cardall or something? He is really good. I would like more if you can get it, but it doesn't have to be anytime soon. But I also liked Jenny Oaks Baker.
 My week was fantastic. John is still on for the 12th, but we'll see what happens when we get there. As of right now, there doesn't seem to be any road blocks. He came to church again yesterday. Now this is the amazing part. He works as a carer in various care facilities around Omagh and he works 12 hour shifts: 8PM-8AM or 8AM-8PM. Saturday he worked into 8AM Sunday morning, but he still came to church. But not only that, I found out on the way to church with him that he was to work again that night another 8-8. But not only that! He was only going to stay for one hour, then after sacrament he said that he would like to stay for another hour! I was well chuffed (that's a good thing, ha ha ha).
Chuffed-English slang; Definition, A state of delighted satisfaction.
Anyway, John is great, we are really excited about him, and I hope that he continues to progress. 
 
What is happening with your sisters you were teaching? Are they getting closer to baptism? Have they been to church?
 As for the sisters. Well, we should be seeing the one we met originally this week along with her son, but the other one who was progressing so well canceled one of our appointments on Wednesday to go visit her sister. When we rang her for daily contact on Thursday, she said that she had talked with her sister and would like to "leave it for a while." I hate it when this happens, but I don't think that she is a lost cause. We'll try again this week or next week. Whenever the time is right.
 
So Moves call is this coming Sunday, which means that P-Day will again be on a Wednesday (the Wednesday following this coming Sunday). I could be moved, but it's not that likely. If you want to send a package, you'd probably be better just sending something small like what I sent you in a sort of envelope. I've heard that it costs much less. The only thing that I really need right now are some decent pens. I do like a good Zebra pen. Black is the only ink to go with, by the way. Blue is just gross, ha ha ha... But yeah, Dots were fantastic! As were the tootsie rolls. Whatever you think would be nice. 
 
Mom question: 
Sounds like you are becoming quite the chef! I enjoyed the pictures Tom sent but I'm not sure what they were all about. I recognized the Parmesan Chicken but I'm not sure what the other meals were or who made them. 

Dinner I made for Sis. Holt and Sis. Radford, two of our (older) single sisters in the branch at Tom's house.
 I have been refining my chef skills. Most of those dishes that Tom sent you should be mine.
Spaghetti
I made that. Simple.
This is a Korma curry with Cod fillets. That was the trial run, I'll be making the real deal tonight again for Sis. Holt and Sis. Radford. It's like a family home evening thing we do. It's a lot of fun!
What's not included are the other dishes I made this week. Chicken Chow Mein and Beef Stir-Fry with a black bean sauce. There is a picture on Tom's camera of the stir-fry, so I'll see about getting you that. Anyway, yeah, I really LOVE cooking. I find it relaxing.

I love you and hope that you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Your Son
Christmas Dinner with Kieron Johnson (recent convert).
This is a nice "cuppa" from Tom. (Hot Chocolate)



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment