Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/17/11

Mom,
 More miracles to tell of this week. I think you'll like this one. So last week was the excellent story of finding two sisters separately. This week is the story of finding two roommates. On Tuesday, Elder Saunders and I were on exchange and I decided to call by a former investigator who is an Indian man that was going strong until I arrived, but then dropped completely off the radar and we haven't heard or seen him since I've been in Omagh. So we got to the house and rang the bell and another man answers the door, who I thought was him. The former's name is John so I asked if that was him and he told me that John wasn't there anymore, but his name was Sha. He invited us in and we briefly went over the Restoration and the Book of Mormon (mostly the Book of Mormon) and he seemed somewhat excited about it. We said a kneeling prayer and left with a return appointment for Saturday at 17:00. When Elder Olsen and I went on Saturday, we knocked on the door and John answered! So we went in and talked with him and figured out what was up. He apparently had some visa issues and was in London and other places. But anyway, we taught him and invited him to church on Sunday and said we'd come walk with him to church. On Sunday we got him to church, he stayed for all three hours. All of the members were so nice to him, and he seemed to have a fantastic time. He was scheduled for baptism before I got here, but we had another lesson with him after church and he's currently scheduled for the 12th of Feb. Please pray for that date. I just love those tender mercies from Heavenly Father. 
Anyway, everything else is great here. I did get the package, thank you so much! I especially love the Dots. Also, all of the music you got for me is fantastic! Thanks so much for that! Elder Olsen liked his little treat as well. So have you not gotten my package yet? I hope it gets there soon... I sent it the week of Christmas though, so it may be yet some time. As far as the disasters lately, yeah it's been the talk of the town. It's horrible, and it's definately a sign of the times. I heard about Brisbane and I thought about Sister Newey who just went home to Brisbane. I hope she and her family are alright.
Sister Newey on right
 I also heard about Rio. That's quite some flooding...
I made dinner on Thursday for two of our (older) single sisters in the branch at Tom's house. I made Chicken Parmesan with Mash Potatoes and Green Beans. I thought everything turned out great. Tom's got pictures on his camera, I'll have him send them your way. I'm going to venture out there this week and try to make a fish curry. I heard of one the other day that sounds fantastic, so I'll let you know how it goes. Also, lots of people have written that I haven't had time to write back to. Technically I'm only allowed to write on P-Days, so I'm really sorry for all the people who have written me and not gotten a reply yet. I should really get on that! Lol... Anyway, I love you and hope that you have a fantastic week!
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment