Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/10

My Awesome Gift from Mary T. Smyth (Hand Embroidered)!
Dear Mom,
 Burrr... it's been really cold here lately. Omagh has had snow for the last week or more. It's been getting really cold, but we are keeping warm and working hard still. We've had some good success this week and hope that it will continue. Our two new did not show at church this week, but neither did most of the branch. We had to shorten our meetings and go home a little early yesterday. But it was great, we had a wonderful chance to fellowship with the members. I love the members of the Omagh branch. They are truly lovely people. 
Crazy with Tom at Thanksgiving Dinner (THANKS TOM!)
Tom is from Omagh, but he has had many American missionaries in the past and his wife is American. Elder Olsen enjoyed the food, but the Canadian Thanksgiving is in October. I think that he has it pretty bad. Since he's Canadian in a district full of Americans, he is almost always the butt of the jokes. But he takes it well. For now anyway, ha ha ha...
Elder Olsen at Thanksgiving Dinner
 About the Book of Mormon..... It is wonderful to know that the Book of Mormon is so amazing. I have seen it change people's lives, it has changed my life, and I know that those who read it will come to know the same. It is not just another book of scripture. It is not just a book with stories about Jesus. It is the convincing evidence that there is a living prophet on the earth right now. When people come to realise this, there is a major paradigm shift, and lives are improved. I love the words of Elder Holland's great grandfather who said (paraphrasing), "No wicked man could write such a book. And no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were directed by God to do so." Those words are so true. But luckily enough, we don't have to use logic and hard evidence to know whether it is true or not. We can go straight to the source. And the knowledge that comes from that is more solid than any factual evidence I've ever seen. I really would recommend that you read Elder Hollands address titled Safety for the Soul from the Nov. 2009 Ensign. I think that it is the most powerful sermon I have ever heard.

 Answers:
Have you had anyone come to church?
We are working on those two new to come to church and another two we found this week, so hopefully four soon.

How are your new people coming along? 
They're great except they didn't show for church.

Do you get dinner very often? 
I make dinner a lot, ha ha ha...
Cheesy Stuffed Peppers (Stuffed With Rice, Mince, and a Tomato Sauce)
Eating Them!
Where is your district, your Zone?
My district covers Coleraine, Derry and Omagh. The Zone is all of Northern Ireland.

Do you travel to Belfast? How long does it take?
For Zone meetings yes and it takes about two hours.

Have you spoken in your Branch yet?
I gave a testimony, but I should be getting a talk soon.

Because it's so small, do you participate in any of the Auxiliaries?
We do not, but we help wherever we can.

Have you played the piano yet? 
Not for the branch yet, but I did in Clondalkin and for Zone Meetings before.

About the Christmas call, do you have a place set up yet? Who is calling who? We need to get on this, I can't miss my Christmas call!
Well Elder Olsen and I are going to try to get Skype up and running and see if that is possible. That way we can see each other as well. We'll figure it out soon enough. You will not miss your call, I promise.
The Christmas Tree in our flat!
Is that sister missionary in front of you in the picture in the Ensign the same one in some of the other pictures you sent long time ago? She sure looks like the same girl. 
That is Sister Newey. Yes it should be the same one. She's still in Dublin and goes home to Australia in a few days.
Oh, Logan Bowles is getting married in the Portland Temple on my birthday (the 29th!
I got an announcement actually. I'm very happy for him. 


Anyway, love you very much and hope that you have a fantastic week!
By the way, moves has been moved to next week, so I'm not sure about P-Day yet, but we will be moving next Friday.
Love ya!
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment