Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/10

 
Hey there Mum,
 
Another week gone, I know. It's going so fast isn't it? The actual moves day is Friday. We should be getting moves call on Wednesday as far as I know. 
 
The weather is interesting... There was tons of snow one day, then slush the next, and now it's all gone. But don't you worry, apparently it will be back on Wednesday, which should make transfers interesting. We also have a meeting this Saturday in Dublin for all of Ireland. It's the Christmas Zone (and when they say zone, they mean all of Ireland lol) Meeting! It's very exciting, I can't wait.
Yes I'm getting very excited for Christmas and everything. It's so close now! 
Yay for Christmas presents! I'm really excited. I'm going to try to send something to you guys soon, but I'm not sure if it will make it by Christmas, so I'm really sorry.


 About your talk. Yes Elder Holland's would do fantastic. I also like "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Elder Kevin W. Pearson from the April 2009 General Conference if I'm not mistaken. That is wonderful instruction. I could be a bit biased, however, as I heard that talk before it was given at General Conference (remember he was the Tacoma Mission President and came to Camp Helaman).
President Pearson at Camp Helaman
 
 Anyway, good luck with that. I'll pray for you.

 
Questions:
 
Have you done much tracting?
 
Yes, we still go tracting every night for at least an hour or so. Although, we like the term "consecrated finding" better, because we consecrate all of our efforts unto God :).

What is the best food you've eaten? What is the weirdest food you've eaten?
 
The Stynes in Dublin made the best food I'd ever had here. My favorite from them was Shepherd's pie. It was SOOOO good.
The weirdest is a tie between Filipino food and Nigerian food. I think that it goes to Nigerian though. It may be different, but it is still good. The only weird thing from Filipino food, though, was fish with the heads still attached, but it was good. I'm not picky, ha ha ha...

How many in your District?
 
Three sets of Elders

Where are they from? Who is the District Leader? Zone Leader?
 
Ok, not sure if I can get this all right, but here goes.
 
Elder Bowers: He's from Utah for sure. Can't remember where though. And, I know! The name, right?! But it's not Emilio, unfortunately...
Elder Leavitt: He's from Nevada
 
Elder Saunders: He's from Utah
Elder Jensen: Washington D.C. (District Leader)
 
Elder Blackburn: He's from Huddersfield, England (Zone Leader, but he's the new Assistant!)
Elder Matthews: No clue, but its a good bet for Utah. (Zone Leader)

How often do you have Zone Conference?
 
Usually once a moves

What have you done for P-day?

Not a lot. Shopping around. Walking. Haircutting... There's not a lot to do in Omagh, but oh well. Oh, and they banned football for now because too many people were getting injured, which is sad, but I can't play anymore anyway because there is nowhere to play. But it's being reevaluated in the spring.

How/Where do you wash your clothes?

We have a washer in the flat that is quite nice and then we dry it on a rack in the flat. It works.

Have you done any service for people?

Hopefully more soon with the coming snow, but the last one was in Dublin helping a family reorganise their house. That was fun.

Did you make the stuffed Peppers? What was in the Mince?
 
Yes! It was an adventure because not only had I never made them before, but I'd only had them once before (unless you made them years ago, but I can't remember...). They went quite well, but the peppers were a bit crunchier than I like. Mince is what they call ground beef here. It was just a mixture of rice, mince, tomato sauce, seasonings, and then topped with more tomato sauce and cheese. But when I do it again, I'm mixing chese in with the mince mix. They were good though!
 
I love you and hope that you have a wonderful week. I might get to email again on Friday, but I don't know. Anyway, love you!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment