Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, November 15, 2010

11/15/10


Mom,
 Well this week has been very exciting. On Thursday night, there was quite a storm outside with lots of rain and winds up to about 80Mph. We were out and about tracting and doing all that we could though. It was worth it, we found an old investigator. Hopefully we will be able to see her again this week as well. Then Friday and Saturday were very mild days with normal missionary work. Sunday at church (if you could call it that, ha ha ha..) we met in a few trailers put together to make our building. However, it is better than it sounds, and it was warm enough. There were about 35 people at sacrament. They asked me to introduce myself and bear my testimony. It was quaint but I think this will be good, and I think that we can create a great relationship with the members. We've already begun, in fact. Our Branch President is President Brophy. Two of the Brophy's have (very recently) served missions in the Scotland Edinburgh Mission; one was going to school in Dublin and I knew him, the other is in the Branch Presidency (sound familiar?). The Brophy family is a fantastic family. After our dinner with them last night, he went with us to call by a few people. We stopped by a member of the branch to meet with her. As we did so, we were able to get two referrals from her that sound quite solid and both are related. We are extremely hopeful (and faithful) for these referrals. Anyway, my stay so far has been great. Omagh is fantastic and I'm excited for all the opportunity that awaits.

Questions & Answers

What is your new place like? I'm sure it's not as nice as your other one!

It is a nice little house. I can't complain. Elder Olsen and I spent this morning overhauling the place and we are very happy with the outcome. We moved a lot of things around and tidied up. It is looking quite nice. 
Are you right in town?
Pretty much, yes.
Do you live with members?
Nope.
Is there is a good bus system?
Nope, ha ha ha. We just walk where we need to and have some fantastic members who take us where we can't walk.
Is your area pretty big?
Not nearly as big as my last one, but big enough, yeah.
What is your ward like?

The branch is tiny, as I explained above. but the members are excellent.

Are there other missionaries very close?
The nearest missionaries are in Derry (It's called Londonderry but no one calls it that).
Other than that, I love you and hope that you have a brilliant week!!
Love,
Elder Trawick
PS I'll write you some post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment