Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, October 11, 2010

10/4/10

Dalkey

Dear Mum,

 This week has been a bit strange but good. I guess it was just strange because of the moves. We are all very uplifted after conference. They show the sessions here in Ireland like this: The Saturday Morning session is at 5:00PM on Saturday, the Priesthood session is 10:00AM Sunday morning, then the successive sessions are at 1:00, 5:00, and 9:00 PM. We got back pretty late last night, but since it was approved, it was alright. We also had 2 other companionships at our flat. Elders from Firhouse and Bray stayed over. This morning we went to play football again and it was good. I'm kind of sick, though, so I was completely rubbish (more so than usual, lol). But I did buy an ACE bandage of sorts last week and wrapped my right ankle good, so no problems there today.
 Conference was amazing! I loved all of the talks that were given, but I think my two favorites were first Elder Holland's talk about being grateful and then to follow up, President Monson's talk about the same. I was really impressed that an "attitude of gratitude" was speaking directly to me and I felt impressed to let you and Dad know that I will always remember the good way in which you have brought me up. I couldn't have asked for better parents, and it goes to show that the Lord, in His infinite wisdom, has a plan for everything, and I was specifically chosen to be brought up by you two. I love you both more than you know and will be forever grateful for all of the pains and expense you went to to raise me up well. Thank you!
Well I hope that is everything. Oh yeah, don't worry about my account just now, everything is fine in there. I don't need anything at the minute. Thanks though :).

I love you all very much!
Elder Trawick
More Dalkey



Dalkey (Irish: Deilginis, meaning "Thorn Island") is a town located in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County, Ireland. It was founded as a Viking settlement and became an important port during the Middle Ages. According to John Clyn, it was one of the points through which the plague entered Ireland in the mid-14th century. In modern times, Dalkey has become a prosperous seaside suburb and a minor tourist attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment