Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/10

Dear Mum,
 
 This week was really good. We had a great time. The work here is a bit slow, but we're working hard to try and find some new investigators to work with. To answer some questions:
 
How was your week?
 -It was quite good :)
Did you get to play football?
 -Not last week. Well, we did at the Finglas chapel with a member, but not a lot.
Is the weather getting cold there?
 -As they say here, "It's a bit nippy," but it's not too bad.
Do you have all your cold weather clothes that you need?
 - Thats a good Mom question. I'm good to go on winter clothing. Two good coats, leather gloves, and a nice scarf (flat find) :D
 
I'll try to put something for my blog, but I'm not sure. It's mostly business as usual. I'm not sure that you would want a "typical day" as first of all, there is no such thing, and secondly, it is a lot of bus travel. We just follow the missionary schedule.
 It's "Get up, and get out!" at 6:30. Pray, shower, dress, then either eat a bit of breakfast and start study early or clean a bit.
 Personal study at 8:00. So far in my studies, I have read the Book of Mormon with a challenge that the mission president gave us: to mark all of the references to Christ, underline His words, mark references to the doctrine of Christ, and Christ's attributes. I'll give you a picture of what it looks like (and you can find the challenge in Preach my Gospel Ch. 5 at the end under Mission President Study Application). Anyway, I finished that on Oct. 9th and then started the New Testament. I'm now in Luke around Ch. 10. So I generally study The scriptures for about 30 minutes or so. Then I read Jesus the Christ for a bit, I'm on page 420 or something. Then I study Preach my Gospel for a bit.
 Then at 9:00 it is companion study. Elder Hardwick and I will share bits of what we learned in Personal Study, plan lessons, read from the white handbook, and do training models.
 Then at 10:00 we are usually out to an appointment or finding.
 Back for lunch around 12:00 or 1:00. Then eat lunch and study for a bit, then its back out and same story as before.
 Then we either have a dinner with a member between 6:00 and 7:00 or we come back for that, then back out.
 Then back in at 9:00 (or 9:30 if we're teaching) for planning. We plan for about 30 minutes, and then get ready for bed.
 Lights out at 10:30. So that is basically the day. We try not to vary from the missionary schedule ;). 
 
 That is quite an exciting story about the bear. Wow, I hope that you get that taken care of... I'm also very glad to hear that the O'Brien's are coming home and all is well. That makes me very happy.
 
 Anyway, I love you and hope that you have a great week!
 
Elder Trawick

No comments:

Post a Comment