Scotland/Ireland Mission

On The Isle of Skye

Monday, August 30, 2010

August 23, 2010

Dear Mum,

This week was one of many highlights. But some of those you already know about. The tours we did on Wednesday were brilliant! Some of the most fun I've had on P-Day yet, although I really love football!

So you already know about the Mummy's and all that jazz... The highlight of this week, with no comparison really, was that we invited a young man in his 20's to be baptized and he has accepted. He is now scheduled for the 18th of September. I am trying to ask everyone to keep him in their prayers because he has some big hurdles to overcome before he is baptised, but we know he can and will do it. I am really excited about it, but we have a lot of work ahead of us. Other than that, my new companion, Elder Hardwick, is great! We have been working really hard. We have the big task of combining all of the area books (3) and it is a lot of work, because we are trying to get it all organized, but it's going forward. We have some promising new investigators, and old ones as well. We also have been really working on our Less-Actives. It's a big area, a lot of people, and a lot of work, but it is satisfying when you get a lot accomplished. The work is moving forward in Ireland. No matter what people say about this land, or what they think. My MTC group had a goal for all of us, we want to have enough convert baptisms and enough reactivated members that it will be necessary to build a temple in this great land. I love these people, and I love the Lord. I know that this can be accomplished. We will go forward. We will, and are, and have baptized. We will keep the members strong. The President told us in the email today that although the number of missionaries have decreased, the number of baptisms have increased. This is the Lord's work, and He will provide. We as missionaries just need to have the ability to receive revelation for our people and for the work. We need to invite more to be baptised and not take no for an answer. I am excited! I am ready for the work to move forward as never before. This is a wonderful time to be a missionary!
Anyway, I hope things are well this week.
Love you,
Elder Trawick
"Go Brazil"

Elder Hardwick ready for football
Our kitchen
My bed (you asked for photos of the flat)
Elder Young (Zone Leader)
Elder Stanton (Previously Assistant, now in my district)
This is a thing we do here in Ireland. It's cutouts from magazines. Pretty cool, eh? (In the Preach My Gospel book)
And again
And my favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment